Nintendo licensing rights expire, new console emerges

Started by maelstrom79, June 17, 2007, 08:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelstrom79

I'm not sure if this is even related to this subject, but I know they make these off-brand console systems now that play Nintendo cartridges.  I've heard this is because copyright/licensing rights have expired on the Nintendo Entertainment System.  Does anybody know anything about whether or not they have these sort of consoles to play Super Nintendo cartridges, and if not, when they're going to be making them?  I've heard rumors from used game buy/sell/trade stores that it's only a matter of time.  Sorry for my lack of info beyond that.  I can find out more information about these "Nintendos" if anyone else is interested.  It'd be nice if they'd come out with these for Sega Genesis and Neo Geo cartridges, too.
"Sex is like a bridge game.  You'd better have a good partner or you'd better have a good hand"

MEGAߥTE

There are indeed clone SNES machines on the market.  There is even a model that has slots for NES and SNES called FC Twin.  There are also Genesis clones, but they don't seem as wide spread.  Another option is to solder a Genesis cartridge connector into the Genesis 6-in-1 TV game device.