MTV Music Generator 2

Started by maelstrom79, June 28, 2007, 05:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelstrom79

Anybody ever play around with MTV Music Generator 2 for PlayStation 2?  It more or less turns your PS2 into a 48-channel digital recording studio.  It comes with over 10,000 samples and it's all you need to replace a backing band.  You can program it like a drum machine, add basslines, rhythm guitars strumming chords or arpeggios, etc.  You can easily create one guitar part from a game tab and play the other part along with it.  It will do almost anything, and has a nice set of built-in digital effects.  Plus, you can sample your own sounds if you can find the USB mic and recording kit for it.  It's awesome.  I've been using it for years.  Using a video game to create video game music.  That's beyond cool.  Any opinions?
"Sex is like a bridge game.  You'd better have a good partner or you'd better have a good hand"

Eclipsed Moon

Small hijack (you people can have your thread back in a minute), can you link any particular YouTube videos?  I want to see something done in that horrible music maker that genuinely impresses me.

maelstrom79

Anybody else here have YouTube Grabber?  Nifty little free app that lets you copy and paste the URL of a YouTube video page and click Grab and it'll download it to the same directory the program is in.  I don't remember where I got it, but you can always Google it up.  Works great.  I downloaded a couple live videos by The Minibosses with it.  If you don't know who those guys are, you need to Google them up, too.  Great game music band specializing in NES music mostly.  They're crazy, but they're pretty decent.
"Sex is like a bridge game.  You'd better have a good partner or you'd better have a good hand"